Welcome to Managing e-Learning 2015

This blog is not designed to be like your task. It is a sandpit for me to play in to try and answer any technical questions you may have - I'm learning too. I love a tricky question or a problem to solve!

I have taught MeL for a few years now, although not in 2014. I'll will be dropping in on your blogs to see how you are going and to offer some encouragement, support and a challenging question or two. I'll also use this space to try things out and share some examples.

I've been playing with this blog on and off for a while now and you will see some old things from previous year's courses.


You may like to have a look at the blogs of some MeL students from previous courses. Not all of them are still active but some are still blogging.

A warning
- their tasks were different to yours this year so just use them for inspiration and to help you think critically about what and how you post on your blog.


17 July 2011

Angry birds

I know that this is a game that many educators are using - maths, physics, all kinds of learning - but I am still just having fun. Turns out I have a bit of a competative streak and am having trouble stopping. Have been doing lots of thinking about angles, force, projection, inertia and other tricky stuff while having fun. For those of you who are interested, I'm up to level 21 in poached eggs and a bit stuck. I have to go back and replay the earlier levels I think so that I can get some of the golden eggs I should have been looking for along he way!! Ah frustration. OK and the iPod turns the game off if you leave it for too long to post a comment on your blog without pausing.

The other app in my picture (snipping tool) is a fabulous free app that shows how to sign common words in Auslan - it is wonderful and I'm using it to learn some basic signlanguge.

1 comment:

HeatherM said...

I just thought I would share with you that I never thought that this game would be considered an educational tool! I know most aspects of life are educational, and not having ever played the game myself I should not have passed judgement, BUT...I have quite a few friends who are addicted to it, and like you Jacqui, I think itf for competitive reasons only!! Heather